The Best Anti-Aging Diet Foods
Aging is an inevitable fact of life that we all face. As we age, the body starts to lose its ability to function optimally, leaving us more prone to cell degeneration and certain diseases. What if I told you there are certain foods that you can eat that will help slow the process of aging, protect the body from diseases, and have you feeling and looking younger? Well, there are! The following is a list of the best foods for your anti-aging diet:
1. Garlic: Garlic has been shown to have both antiviral and antibacterial properties, reduce the growth of cancer cells and diminish their ability to spread, and boosts the immune system. The hydrogen sulfide present in garlic helps maintain cardiovascular health by decreasing blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
2. Fish: Fish are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which decreases inflammation and helps protect you against heart disease. Tuna, salmon, arctic char, and sardines are some of the best fish to consume. Aim for 2 or 3 servings per week for your anti-aging diet.
3. Berries: All berries, whether cranberries, blackberries, or blueberries, are one of the best anti aging foods. They all have high concentrations of anthocyanins and flavanoids which help protect the body from cancer and other diseases and increase brain function. One flavanoid found in berries, rutin, decreases the risk of stroke and heart attack as well. Aim for eating a handful every day.
4. Red Wine: Found within the skin of grapes, resveratrol is a compound that protects against UV damage, increases HDL levels, and lowers cholesterol. It has also been shown to slow the growth rate of cancerous cells and improve brain functioning. It is best to limit consumption to only 1 to 2 glasses per day.
5. Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate helps our blood vessels functioning properly, protects our body from UV damage, and decreases inflammation with it its high concentration of flavanoids. It is important to look for dark chocolate that has be made with at least 70% cocoa in order to obtain the most health benefits.
6. Turmeric: Turmeric is a powder made from the root of a plant in the ginger family, and has been shown to have many health benefits. It helps the body to synthesize antioxidants and protects the body from Alzheimer’s, cancer, and free-radical damage. Add some powder to soups, curries, and stew dishes to your anti-aging diet in order to reap the great health benefits.