How to Get Shredded
When it comes to getting that chiseled physique that you’ve always dreamed of, you probably already know what you should be eating, how much protein you should be consuming, which fats to avoid, and what sources to get your carbs from. However, there are lots of other parts to getting shredded that many people often overlook. This is a list of everything you need to know about how to get shredded:
1. There is no magic equation for the what you should be eating. Ever since you’ve taken an interest in getting shredded, the chances are high that you’ve scoured the internet in search of a diet that will provide you the magical gateway to a chiseled you. However, everybody needs a different diet that meets their particular needs. Assess where you are fitness-wise, and then fine-tune your diet from there.
2. Cardio is not all that important for getting shredded. It might seem silly, but getting a ripped body relies far more heavily on your diet rather than your cardio. Your job is to fine-tune your diet first, and then slowly begin adding cardio in on top of it. The body is already struggling to get used to a decrease in caloric intake; the last thing it needs is hours of cardio to harden the strain. This can cause your body to use up hard-earned muscle mass for energy, which is what you definitely don’t want.
3. Ease your fat loss rate as you get leaner. If you’re starting off with a relatively high percentage of body weight, rapid weight loss is not much of an issue. However, if you are approaching a single digit body fat percentage, you are playing with fire by trying to continue rapid fat loss. This is a great way to lose lean muscle mass.
4. Allow yourself to cheat from time to time. Cheating might seem like the type of thing you should stay away from at all costs, but it doesn’t hurt from time to time. Cheating will keep your metabolism guessing, and it will even give you a chance to taste the foods you miss from time to time.
5. Lastly, don’t underestimate the importance of water. You’d think this would be a no-brainer for many people, but it simply isn’t. Water is a great metabolism booster, and it will ultimately speed the process up for you to become shredded!