Simple Exercises to Improve Skin Elasticity
As you grow older, your skin begins to show signs of aging. Your skin protects your body from the irritants in the environment like harmful sunrays, dust, pollutants and others. With constant exposure to these elements, and the aging process, your skin will lose its elasticity and healthy tone.
When your skin loses its elasticity, it is termed as elastosis. Elastosis is a normal part of the aging process and it makes your skin look dry and saggy. Elastin and collagen are two skin proteins that give your skin a firm and supple look. Its onset can be controlled with proper healthy lifestyle, some medications and anti-aging creams.
Some studies have shown that HGH injections have the potential to increase elastin and collagen production. This improves not just skin elasticity but also tone and complexion. Creams and lotions that contain anti-oxidants like E, A or C, retinoic acid, fruits acids have also shown to work well.
Exercise can help maintain skin elasticity
Skin is typically nourished by blood. The best way to increase the blood flow to your skin is with lot of physical activity. Exercise channels the blood supply to your skin. This tones your muscles and removes toxins from your skin, leaving your skin healthy and rejuvenated.
Aerobic exercise involves a lot of physical effort. Around 30 minutes of aerobics can make your blood flow to the epidermal layers of your skin. Sweat also removes waste from your skin. When continued, aerobics will give your skin a supple and youthful look.
You can also try stretches that will tone your muscles and give your skin firmness. Various facial and neck exercises can also be done to tone the muscles of your face and neck. These exercises have been shown to reduce the wrinkles on your foreheads, below your eyes, and will tone the cheek.
You can even opt for lifting weight. This will cut down the unnecessary flab around your muscles, giving your skin a toned and firm look. If you are on a weight loss regime, make sure that you do not lose more three pounds in a week. Excess weight loss will also make your skin look saggy!
How you can maintain skin elasticity
Some of the ways in which you can reverse or control elastosis are listed below. If you take these steps, you skin will thanks you!
• Avoid excessive exposure to sunrays. Use Sunscreens to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
• Quit smoking and alcohol consumption completely.
• Avoid using harsh soaps, chemicals or creams on your skin.
• Use natural “herbal” products as far as possible to maintain your skin elasticity.
• Eat a healthy, well balanced diet with a lot of micro nutrients along with Vitamin C supplements.
• Optimize your HGH levels with HGH therapy is medically necessary
• Try to eat a lot of proteins as it helps build collagen.
• Exercise actively to enhance your carbohydrate metabolism and increase the blood supply to your skin.