What to Look for in a Hormone Therapy Clinic
Once you have decided to try hormone therapy, it is important to choose a reputable hormone therapy provider that is right for you based on your individual needs and wishes. Before you select a hormone clinic, it is important to thoroughly research several options prior to making your decision.
1. Set up your options. You may first want to make a list of available options in your area. Choose your list of facilities based on factors that are important to you, such as location, ease of access, hours of operation, cost, and recommendations by friends, family, coworkers, or other physicians.
2. Do your research. You can narrow down your initial list by doing some research. Check into each facility either through an online search or by calling the facility directly. Determine if each selected option has the type of hormone therapy of your choice available and if you are qualified to receive such treatment through their facility. Most facilities have age and health requirements, in addition to other factors, that might influence your ability to receive treatment.
3. Make some calls. Once you have narrowed your list to a manageable level, it is time to visit each facility remaining on your list. You can use this opportunity to ask questions directly and to get a feel for the personalities of the doctors and staff who work at each facility. You may wish to check issues such as comfort, amount of time spent with each patient, ease of scheduling appointments, or anything else you can think of. You may also wish to verify that your treatment will be supervised by a qualified physician. Some facilities allow nurses or other staff to administer treatments or injections. This should be performed under doctor supervision. Other things to consider include:
- Be sure the doctor is licensed
- Check to insure medications are regulated
- Confirm patient satisfaction
- Inquire about positive patient outcomes
- Be sure you will be given time for questions and concerns
- Confirm all your concerns are addressed prior to treatment
4. Choose a facility. After obtaining all of the information you feel is important to make a thoughtful selection, choose a facility for your hormone therapy. You can always switch to another clinic on your list if your first selection just isn’t right for you.
Why You Should Choose AAG Health
There are many hormone clinics out there, but there’s really only one name you should trust: AAG Health & Wellness. At AAG Health, we put your safety first and offer you all the tools you need to see success on your hormone therapy plan. Follow our plans and we guarantee you’ll see results. Find out more about our services here.